In this guitar lesson you’ll learn how to play ‘Seven Nation Army’ by The White Stripes, a song featuring one of the greatest rock riffs of ALL TIME. It comes off of their third album, Elephant (2003), an album that would earn the band four Grammy Award nominations, produce four singles and go double platinum in the United Kingdom. To get a better idea of how monumental this track is, consider this:
1. It won 2004’s Grammy Award for Best Rock Song
2. Rolling Stone ranked it number six in it’s 2009 list of the 50 Best Songs of the Decade.
3. NME ranked it at number five on its list of the 50 Greatest Tracks Of The Decade.
4. It was ranked number one on Rhapsody’s list of the Top 100 Tracks of the Decade.
4. Q magazine ranked it at number eight in its list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Tracks.
5. UpVenue’s ranked it number one in its list of 10 best The White Stripes songs.
Aside from the song’s critical acclaim, it’s also an ideal beginner’s song that can introduce you to power chords and interesting yet simple rhythmic patterns. Are these enough reason to learn this song on guitar? We think so.