- The Ovation Story
- Custom Shop
- Ovation Workbench (repairs)
- Legacy Models
The OP-Pro Studio combines state-of-the-art audio quality with exclusive features designed to meet the needs of professional guitarists. The easy-to-operate unit offers 3-band EQ, exciter and compressor/limiter circuitry, and a chromatic tuner. Ovation’s exclusive Expressor and Drive sliders put dynamic control and harmonic enhancement at your fingertips, allowing you to dial in the precise amount of sustain and punch required by the music.
How the OP-Pro Studio Works:
1. GAIN: Adjusts the overall output level of the preamp. Turning clockwise increases sound level; counterclockwise decreases level.
2. LOW EQ: Boosts or cuts the low frequency elements of the guitar’s sound. If moved above the center position the amount of bass, or low frequency power, is increased. Below the center, these sounds are reduced. In the center detent position, the preamp does not affect these frequencies.
3. MID EQ: Boosts or cuts the middle frequency elements of the guitar’s sound. If moved above the center position, the amount of mid frequency power is increased. Below the center, these sounds are reduced. In the center detent position, the preamp does not affect these frequencies.
4. HIGH EQ: Boosts or cuts the high frequency elements of the guitar’s sound. If moved above the center position the amount of treble, or high frequency power, is increased. Below the center, these sounds are reduced. In the center detent position, the preamp does not affect these frequencies.
5. DRIVE: Increases or decreases the depth of harmonic enhancement from the exciter circuit. Turing this control clockwise increases the harmonic content of the sounds in the range of open string fundamental frequencies as well as the guitar top frequencies. This provides a richness to chording and a woody timbre to upper register solo performance. This control is used in conjunction with the “Expressor” slider (see below) which regulates the amount of the harmonic content mixed with the piezo signal.
6. EXPRESSOR: Simultaneously controls the mix of the exciter and sets the threshold of the compressor/limiter. This slider allows the player to set the playing level where the compressor/limiter circuit engages. Once set, when the player increases playing level above this selected level, the output of the preamp output increases is only a fraction of the playing level change. This feature allows the performer a greater dynamic playing range without negative effects on the perfomance mix or creating headroom issues for mixers or amps. Once the threshold setting of this control is established, the Drive control can be set to achieve the desired harmonic enhancement appropriate with the established compressor/limiter setting.
7. TUNE: Activates the built-in tuner function. Pressing this switch once mutes the output of your guitar and turns on the automatic tuner referenced to A440Hz. If you need to tune to some other reference, like an out-of-tune piano, tune one of your strings to the corresponding note on the other instrument. While that note sustains on your guitar, press the tune button a second time. Tuning is now referenced to the other instrument. Simply tune the remaining strings as usual. To conserve battery power, the tuner will automatically deactivate after one minute, returning to the default A440. Holding down the tune button for about 2 seconds will turn off the muting feature and tuner at any time. The tuner is fully functional without plugging in (battery must be installed).
8. BATT. LOW: The LED performs several functions. First, when an appropriate plug is inserted into the guitar’s output jack, this LED will briefly glow red to indicate power-up. Second, the LED will flash red when the battery is reaching the end of its useful life.
•Battery Voltage: 9VDC
•Idle Current: 17 mA (approx 25 hours battery life)
•Tuner On: 20 mA (max)
•Sleep Current: 38 uA (approx 1.5 years battery life)
•Battery LED turn on V: 7 V
•LED Flash Rate: =25/minute
•Max. Input (1kHz): 16 VP-P
•Max. Out (Unbalanced): 9 VP-P (47K = Load/flat/volume max)
•Max. Out (Balanced): 16V P-P
•THD @ 1VP-P Input: <0.1%
•S/N Ratio: =80dB
•Flat Response (-3dB): 10Hz-8kHz
•Preshape EQ: -7dB@500Hz +3dB@780Hz
•Low EQ Response: +8dB@80Hz
•Mid EQ Response: ±11dB@550Hz
•High EQ Response: +8.5dB @12kHz
•Tuner Accuracy: <1 cent
•Tuner Auto-Off: 1 minute
Ovation Exists to Create Innovative Instruments that Inspire Musicians to Change the World… Note by Note.
Ovation, Roundback, Adamas, Legend, Custom Legend, Elite, Applause, Celebrity, Balladeer, Ultra, Thunderbolt and Lyrachord , The Roundback body shape, Roundback design and Roundback Technology, Guitar Bowl Shape, Fingerboard Inlay Design, Sound hole Rosette Design, Adamas Peghead Shape, Bridge Design, Epaulet Design, Soundboard and Sound hole designs, Guitar Tuning Head are protected by one or more US and Foreign Trademarks and Patents.
©2020 OVATION GUITARS.
All rights reserved.